New York Times Bestseller!
The pioneering experts behind the bestselling The Whole-Brain Child now explore the ultimate child-raising challenge: discipline. Highlighting the fascinating link between a child's neurological development and the way a parent reacts to misbehavior, No-Drama Discipline provides an effective, compassionate road map for dealing with tantrums, tensions, and tears - without causing a scene.
Inside this sanity-saving guide you'll discover
- strategies that help you identify your own discipline philosophy - and master the best methods to communicate the lessons you are trying to impact
- facts on child brain development - and what kind of discipline is most appropriate and constructive at all ages and stages
- the way to calmly and lovingly connect with a child - no matter how extreme the behavior - while still setting clear and consistent limits
- tips for navigating your child through a tantrum to achieve insight, empathy, and repair
- twenty discipline mistakes even great parents make - and how to stay focused on the principles of whole-brain parenting and discipline techniques
"Using simple and clear explanations, practical advice, and cartoons that make the how-to guidance come alive, this book is a rich resource for families trying to navigate meltdowns and misunderstandings." - Wendy Mogel, PH.D., author of The Blessing of a Skinned Knee